Date(s) - 22/10/2021
Categories No Categories
The Friendship Run will take place from Monday 18th – Friday 22nd October and is open to all children in Key Stages 1, 2 & 3.
The idea of the Friendship Run is that children and young people take on one or more of the personal challenges throughout the week with the focus on FRIENDSHIP, FUN & WELLBEING with an element of competition thrown in for those that want it. If you are unable to run you can walk, scoot, roll or pedal.
There are a number of different challenges for you to choose to take part in during the week. You might choose 1 for the week or several, it’s up to you. Think about your strengths, something you want to get better or what motivates you and pick a challenge to complete. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Running streak -how many consecutive days you can run for.
- Run with family or friends -can you complete a run with family or friends and support and encourage each other to complete an agreed time or distance
- How far can you run in a week?
- Can you run non-stop for 15mins? -or set your own time
- Scavenger hunt -how many of these things you can spot on your run?
- What’s the furthest you can run in one go? -set yourself a distance goal
- How far can you run as a class/school? -set yourself a distance challenge for the week
- Beat your time -set a route that you can run or walk and then record your time for completing the route. Run/walk your route every day and see if you can beat your time by the end of the week.
Please let us know that your school are taking part in this event by booking on below.
Let us know what challenge(s) you have chosen and share a photo/video with us on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org when you complete it.
There will be a Friendship Run Log Book available to download so that pupils can keep track of how they have been taking part.
There will be a certificate to download for all participants in the Friendship Run.
We would like to encourage children to take part in this event whilst embracing the Spirit of the Games values of determination and self-belief and will be providing schools with certificates to award to those children who best demonstrate these values.
There will be a special School Engagement Award for the school that really embraces this event and gets a high proportion of the school community taking part.