Improve it Limited
Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy
Improve it Limited (Improve it Ltd) are committed in complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. We take looking after the personal information you share with us very seriously, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely. We also want to help you understand how we use your information.
To achieve this understanding, we will explain:
- how and why Improve it Ltd collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis;
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Improve it Ltd will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Improve it Ltd determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, Improve it Limited, L24 South Fens Business Centre, Fenton Way, Chatteris, Cambs PE16 6TT or via email@example.com quoting ‘Security and Privacy Enquiry’.
This privacy notice was last updated on 21st May 2018.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where it is justified. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Improve it Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and services in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|What We Use Your Personal Information For||Our Reasons (Legal Basis)||Our Explanation Of Improve it Ltd’s Legitimate Interests|
|Provide customer services to you.||• Legal obligation/ Legitimate interests (depending on nature of services)||Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them.|
|Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales.||• Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our site.|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||• Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our site.|
|Maintaining network and data security||• Legitimate interests||To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.|
Who we share your information with and why
Improve it Ltd works with only a handful of trusted companies/partners in order to provide you with the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery and marketing companies.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:-
In order for you to receive services accessed within your contract, Improve it Ltd works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure appropriate delivery.
We only work with MailChimp to help us manage our electronic communications with you. Please refer to their website for more information: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new services, special offers and improvements to our website.
Improve it Ltd will only share the following information with MailChimp for marketing purposes:
- first name
- email address
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address provided above, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling us on 01354 692491, or the unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it for is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘How we use your information’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Improve it Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact Call Centre 01354 692491
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact: email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
The www.improveit.education website uses tracking software including Google Analytics to monitor visitors to assist us in how the website is used. The software will save a cookie to your computer hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website but will not store, save or collect personal information.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Improve it Ltd uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 23rd May 2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
If you need to contact us please write to: Data Protection Officer, Improve it Ltd Limited, L24 South Fens Business Centre, Fenton Way, Chatteris, Cambs PE16 6TT or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Security and Privacy Enquiry’.